Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to send a personalized response to each. If you are being considered for an available dog, you will be notified. If your application is not selected, you will receive an automatic response within 3 weeks. Thank you for your patience and interest in our dogs!
- You *must* select the name of the specific dog you are applying for when filling out the online form.
- An adoption application is required for each dog. If you’re interested in more than one dog, you must submit separate applications for each.
- We only accept applications for dogs currently available for adoption (listed on the Available Dogs page). Please, no applications for dogs in our Foster Program.
- You must live within 350mi of Dallas/Fort Worth to adopt one of our dogs.
- You must be at least 21 years old to adopt one of our dogs.
- You must be able to pickup the dog within 3 days of application approval.
- The adopting family must complete their own adoption application. We do not accept applications for “gifts” or “surprise” adoptions.
- Be detailed in your responses on the application. This helps paint the best picture about what life would be like for the pup. DRR works closely with our fosters and vets to best understand a dog’s personality, likes/dislikes, suggested ideal environment, and any ongoing medical care that may be needed.
Doodle Rock’s adoption fee ranges from $150 – $650 depending on age, size, and breed. The adoption fee includes grooming, vaccinations, sterilization, and microchipping. Depending on the dog’s incoming condition, many will also receive advanced medical care and professional behavior modification.
Ready to find your next family member?
Get started by clicking the button below.